terça-feira, 23 de junho de 2015

But not too poor to give them a home

But not too poor to give them a home

But not too poor to give them a home



"No, no!" sobbed the poor woman; "I cannot part with them. I am a poor woman, it is true, but not too poor to give them a home; and while I have a bit and a sup for myself they shall have one too. Their poor mother left them here, and if she ever does return she shall find them here. And if she never returns, then "

And she never did return, and no tidings of her fate ever reached us. If she was enticed away by artful blandishments, or kidnapped by cruel violence, we knew not. But I honestly believe the latter. Either way, it was her fatal beauty that led her to destruction; for, as I have said before, she was the most perfect creature, the most beautiful Maltese cat, that I ever beheld in my life! I am sure she never deserted her two pretty little kittens of her own accord. And if poor dumb thing she was stolen and killed for her beautiful fur, still I say, as I said at first, she was "more sinned against than sinning." C. H. Grattan, in Tit-Bits.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário