terça-feira, 25 de agosto de 2015

Asiatic Cats.

Asiatic Cats.

Asiatic Cats.



When I was a little boy at school, floundering through Herodotus, and getting double doses of fum-fum daily for my Anabasis for my old teacher, when he couldn’t get enough Greek into one end of me, took jolly good care to put it in at the other there was no man I had greater respect for than Alexander the Great, owing to his having done that Gordian knot business so neatly. I practised afterwards on the dominie’s tawse (i.e., the fum-fum strap); I tied a splendid knot on it, and then cut it through with a jack-knife; but, woe’s me! the plaguy dominie caught me in the very act, and and I had to take my meals standing for a week.

But ever since then I have always been a don at knots; and I give myself no small credit, whether you do or not, reader, for the dexterous manner in which I have polished off the cat-classification knot. There it lay before me, interminable, intricate, incensing; and bother the end could I see to it at all at all. “Draw the sword of Scotland.” Swish! There it lies, the short-haired European pussies on the one hand, and the Asiatic or long-haired on the other.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário