segunda-feira, 23 de novembro de 2015

Although otherwise a virtuous cat

Although otherwise a virtuous cat

Although otherwise a virtuous cat



I have another anecdote, something similar, of a cat called Polly. Polly had one failing, although otherwise a virtuous cat, and extremely honest she could not resist the temptation of stealing a bit of cheese, whenever she could do so unperceived. But note the slyness of this pussy: she could never be prevailed upon to touch cheese, even if offered to her in the presence of any one of the family, evidently reasoning thus with herself: “If I pretend I can’t eat cheese because it disagrees with me, they will never blame me for stealing it, and I shall often find myself locked in the same room glorious thought! with a whole Cheddar.”


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário